Tuesday, June 01, 2010

MY IMAGINARIUM

Through the silver doors
Into my mind and past and future
Friends playing every musical instrument in the band
Accordian, clarinet, piano, guitar, banjo, mandolin, triangle,
tambourine, drums, harmonica
Audience clapping and laughing appreciatively,
Dancing with me, singing.

With him, feet up, companionable on the couch,
Talking of many things and laughing
Books, people, ideas, food,
Playing card games he wins, no matter who wins,
Gentle gestures, smiles, timeless relationship.
Forever now.

Free in a patisserie, a French bakery rich
Of smells of bread and rolls
Dripping butter, nuts, raisins, cinnamon, sugar glazed,
Lemon tarts, rhubarb strawberry pie, mincemeat pasties,
Coffee with cream permeates the air.
Chairs scrape away from small round tables
Always room for one more friend.

Horses whiney in the coral
And mine comes to me, a palomino
Sleek and clean and golden
Nuzzles into my hands for a treat
Hangs her head over my shoulder
Shivers under my touch with brush or blanket or saddle
As one we wander rich farm lands
Deer jump away and birds call
Wheat leans with the warm wind
Smelling of earth and grass
Waving us on.

Driving down an endless ribbon of road
Five mountains in view to the west
Blue sky edged with clouds to the east
A hawk glides over my path
Watches me
A messenger from the Benevolent Universe
Blessing me on my way.

No darkness encroaches now
No worry about security of finances
No distrust of the words or intentions of others
No physical distress
My children and grandchildren flourish as do I
In good health and happiness,
This is heaven.

We create our own reality
And then live in it.

---------------------------------------------------Comments & Questions? Email: womenbefriends@yahoo.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home