Thursday, January 27, 2005

Care and Feeding of Grandkids

Date: Jan 13, 2005
From: MJS
To: JB

The babysitting of grandkids has gone very well. They have been better for me than they are for their own parents, whatever the reason. Everything happened on time and in good order. They ate and slept as they should, didn’t cry at all, and only had one fight between them. In all the years I taught school and took students on field trips I worried less about what “might” happen than I do with my own grandkids. I would never forgive myself, and my daughter might not either, if anything severe happened.

On a lighter note, my daughter left me with three pages of directions, phone numbers, hints, orders and permission to visit the doctor. It was thoughtfully done. I had it folded up and in my back pocket. The first day, using the bathroom, it fell out into the toilet (yes, after, not before) and got pretty wet! I dried it off. Could not sacrifice this essential information! I just have to wash my hands every time I handle it! LOL

Date: Jan. 14, 2005
From: JB
To: MJS

I never have a problem over my grandkids. Of course, they are a little older than yours, between 6 and 15. My daughter-in- law is wonderful, shares so nicely with me. I am truly grateful to her for that, and she’s a good wife too. Remember how our aunt used to tell us to “get the good out of them while they are little”? Well, she was right! They have grown up so fast.

But it does exhaust me to have them more than two days. Being with children requires a kind of full attention that I am not used to anymore. I need those little catnaps! I don’t know how grandparents can raise kids. It has got to be a very hard job, even if necessary. God bless them all.




---------------------------------------------------
Comments & Questions? Email: womenbefriends@yahoo.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home